When you book your special occasion in a tropical country as Mexico, you expect gorgeous sunshine, clear blue skies and white sand beaches, but you would be forgetting to be prepared for something almost unnoticeable in wedding photos: mosquitos.
Mosquitos exist in Mexico but with the advice I give you here, you learn how the locals avoid getting badly bitten. Don’t despair though, it’s not as bad as it sounds. Mosquitos usually appear when there is little wind, after some rains or at dusk. This is when you are most vulnerable to mosquito bites. Most people experience bites and they are gone in less than a day.
What To Do If You Are Bitten
If you have visible mosquito bites, the following will help to reduce the effects and disguise the mosquito bites in your wedding:
- Try applying organic coconut oil;
- Or apply hydrocortisone cream can reduce the swelling;
- Green-tone concealer works wonders at hiding redness. You can obtain this from any local pharmacy. Just tell them, “Tengo picaduras de mosquitos, ¿Tiene alguna crema?”, which is roughly translated as: “I have a mosquito bites. Do you have a cream?”
- You can also dab normal concealer on to the bites with clean fingers till they disappear.
It is best if you bring a small bottle of one of these with you so you do not have to run around looking for it.
How To Avoid Getting Bitten
Rather than getting stung you can try and avoid it all together. Though this may not be perfect, it can reduce your chances significantly.
Here’s crucial tips on how to avoid getting stung:
- Use strong insect repellent;
- Wear long sleeves and pants;
- Avoid going out during dusk;
- And stay where there is a breeze and fewer mosquitoes.
Marilyn wore a strapless gown on her wedding day at Cancun beach. She looked marvelous and without any mosquito bites.
If you are bitten, whatever you do, please don’t scratch and remember to keep smiling on your special day. Don’t let them ruin your moment.
Here is My Secret Mosquito Bites Tip
Of course, you may be wondering how we locals deal with mosquito bites. There is a little known trick that can keep you virtually bite free. I tell all my clients this tip and they are amazed when they hear it and you will be, too.
Would you like to know what it is? Sign up below to start receiving my 52 tips to having amazing wedding photographs in Mexico.